Whenever there’s an opportunity to wear sweatpants you don’t think twice you just put on the sweatpants and yolo girl.
this is literally the best gif on the internet
seriously it’s 2013 where is this??
2013 and we can’t even electronically synthesize big macs out of nothing. We’re basically living in a dystopia.
#no#she can’t#because a companion whose first response is ‘the doctor will save me’ isn’t a companion i want to watch#sure#she gets her head out of her ass#but at least twice in this episode#she responds to tension with ‘the doctor will save me’#are you fucking kidding me?? (via elenul)
Okay I’ve seen this critism of her a lot but personally I think that’s EXACTLY why she’d make such a fucking amazing companion. I think one thing that’s been forgotten about Doctor Who in the recent era of witty, “sassy” ladies with guns is that not everyone knows they’re strong. Not everyone has the kind of confidence Clara has (which in my opinion is just because she’s not fleshed out enough to be anything but confident, but that’s another argument for another day).
I’m tired of one-dimensional strong women. I WANT to see a woman who’s first reaction is “Doctor save me”. And THEN, I want her to grow and realize she can save herself, hell even save him. Because that’s what Doctor Who is supposed to be. Discovering the strength in yourself, an ordinary girl. Not impossible, not after waiting. Just a regular, dorky, anxious young woman who finds her own courage.
"What a beautiful wedding."
"Stop waiting for friday, for summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you’re in right now."
"Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it."
when an artist wants to show you their art
or a writer wants you to read what they’ve written
it’s quite often an expression of trust
because a poem or a story or a painting are often things that come from the heart
little pieces of the artists themselves
and if they’re willing to share it with you
you should appreciate it
THANK GOD SOMEONE KNOWS BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD WHEN I SHOW IT TO PEOPLE THEY THINK IM BRAGGING
My college did this thing today where they laid out the backpacks of students who have committed suicide. This is just a small portion of some of them. On top of the backpacks was a brief summary of who they were. Some backpacks even had things in them that bypassers could look at. Don’t ignore the signs of others.
Oh my god
I like eating peanuts because I can make peanut butter in my mouth
[sleep-over voice] are you awake
[sleep-over reply voice] yeah
[regrettable sleepover invitee voice] you guys SHH
[confused sleep-over voice] what is the meaning of life
[annoyed sleep-over voice] dude shut up
[sleep-over host voice] you guys be quiet my moms gonna hear us
[serial killer voice] got room for one more
Well that took a turn